Stanley Matthews Way
Stoke on Trent
Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters
Disabled Supporters Association
For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.
Getting There & Parking
Car parking is provided onsite with accessible spaces for 32 home supporters and 10 away supporters who are wheelchair users. 120 spaces are reserved for blue badge holders. Access is on one level into the stadium.
National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Stoke City see here for more information.
Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.
Getting a Ticket
For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Stoke City Website
Spectator Viewing areas
Home supporters have 100 spaces for wheelchair users available to them. 16 spaces for wheelchair users can be found in the away section for away supporters. Home spaces are all mid-tier in the Sentinel, McEwans and North Stands. Away spaces are mid-tier in the Marstons Pedigree Stand. All covered, with PA seats mainly in front. Expect restricted viewing if fans in rows in front stand. Unlimited places for ambulant disabled supporters are located in front of the wheelchair platforms. PA’s sit alongside, all covered.
NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 174 wheelchair spaces (148 home and up to 26 away). 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.
LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.
Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 67% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 58 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.
13 accessible toilets can be found directly behind stands in the concourses, as are catering outlets with low-level counters.
Accessible services & information
Audio commentary via Soccer Sight with a choice of sitting anywhere in the stadium are available. Induction loop facilities are available in the club reception and ticket office.
Stoke City Club Website - Disabled Supporters Information
Updated August 2016.
Comments about Stoke City :
If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -
you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.
Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field
before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.