Grimsby Town

Grimsby Town

The information provided on this page is generated by information supplied by the clubs. Level Playing Field (LPF) cannot be held responsible if the service and provision differs from what is stated on our website. If you have any queries or wish to raise a point please get in touch directly with LPF – info@levelplayingfield.org.uk

Stadium Information

Stadium

Blundell Park

Address

Cleethorpes
North East Lincolnshire
DN35 7PY

Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters

Name

Lisa Piggott

Telephone no.

01472 605050

E-mail address

Website address

Disabled Supporters Association

Name

Daphne Farquarson

Telephone

01472 696 904

Email

Website address

 

 

Accessibility Information

For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.

 

Getting There & Parking

 

There are 12 places for Home supporters close to the stadium entrance point on a first come first served basis. Away fans can park on Harrington Street behind Main Stand. Level access.

Getting a Ticket

 

For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the club webite.

Spectator Viewing areas

 

There are 11 wheelchair user spaces available for home supporters. There are 11 wheelchair user spaces available for away supporters. These can all be found at pitchside.

 

There are 178 easy access and amenity seats available in the stadium.

 

NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 90 wheelchair spaces. 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.

 

LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.

 

Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 24% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 68 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.

Accessible amenities

 

There are 2 accessible toilets available in the stadium. Catering outlets are found behind the stand close to the wheelchair area. There are no dedicated counters for disabled supporters.

Accessible services & information

 

Radio commentary is available. There are 4 headsets available at the stadium.

 

 

Updated December 2017.

Comments about Grimsby Town:

 

If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -

you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.

 

Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field

before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.

 

Fans comments reflect the views of the fans themselves and do not necessarily reflect the views of LPF.

 

Comments

Louise jones

Match: All (Grimsby supporter)

Published: 5/4/2014

 

The disabled provisions at the ground are like the stadium itself years out of date. One disabled area in the whole of the ground is laughable, no seating next to wheelchairs, no low level food counters, not many ramps anywhere, club shop included and no access possible into the newest stand in the ground where bizarrely the player of the year awards are held. The only redeeming factor is the willingness of the stewards to help where possible and the fact that myself and my dad who goes with me are made to feel most welcome does help. Get it sorted town, better still let's get the new ground up and running. Up the mariners.

Would you like to contact Level Playing Field about this comment? - <click here> to send an e-mail

Post new comment

Which match did you attend?
Note: your e-mail address or phone number will NOT appear publicly on this or any other page on this site. It is merely required by Level Playing Field should we need to contact you about the comment in the future.

Plain text

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <blockquote> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
You can upload a photo of your view in the stadium to help inform other users.
Files must be less than 100 MB.
Allowed file types: png gif jpg jpeg.
CAPTCHA
Please tick the box below, this helps prevent spam posts.