Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers

Stadium Information

Stadium

Macron Stadium

Address

Burnden Way

Bolton
BL6 6JW

Club / stadium contact for disabled supporters

Name

Daniel Scott

Telephone no.

01204 673652

E-mail address

Website address

Disabled Supporters Association

Name

Gerard Howell (Chairman)

Telephone

07905615008

Email

gerardhowell@hotmail.com

Website address

 

 

Accessibility Information

For UK minimum access standards for new and existing stadia and for good practice guidance please click here.

 

Getting There & Parking

 

There are 100 car parking spaces for Home and Away disabled supporters. These are issued on a first come first served basis and charged at £7 per car. Drop off points for home supporters are at the front of the stadium and away supporters can be dropped off at the visitor’s car park. 

 

National Rail have published links to the nearest stations to sporting venues including Bolton Wanderers see here for more information.

 

Level Playing Field have not verified the information given and we suggest that you contact the station direct if you have any access requirements.

 


 

Away Travel

 

Accessible travel is available for disabled supporters to away games, with companion tickets charged at full price.

Getting a Ticket

 

For information on purchasing a ticket please visit the Bolton Wanderers website.

 

Bolton Wanderers tickets can be collected on match day inside Bolton Central if they haven't been posted earlier, rather than at the general card collection windows. A mini-com and a loop system are situated in Bolton Central. 

 

Tickets can be purchased in person from Bolton Central at the Macron Stadium.

 

Tickets can also be purchased using the Ticket Office Hotline number 0844 871 2932; by fax 08448 712931 (include ticket requirements, payment details and a contact telephone number); or by post (include payment and a stamped addressed envelope).

Spectator Viewing areas

 

Home supporters have 48 spaces for wheelchair users available to them. 10 spaces for wheelchair users can be found in the away section for away supporters. 

 

Tickets for disabled supporters are available in both the North Stand Lower and the West Stand Lower tier. It is also possible to watch the matches behind glass in the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment Suite, situated on Level 2 of the stadium, in between the North and East stand. 

 

NB: Under existing minimum standards for accessible stadia, the club should have 174 wheelchair spaces. 75% of these should be elevated positions and the remaining 25% pitchside.

 

LPF's view is that many disabled supporters should be able to access general seating areas and only those with specific needs eg those who require extra legroom, or access via aisle seats or who need step free access etc should be allocated seats in the dedicated areas.

 

Based on the above, the club therefore only meets 33% of the guidance and has a shortfall of 116 wheelchair spaces. They should be working on a plan to rectify this deficit within a reasonable timeframe under the auspices of a full independent Access Audit.

Accessible amenities

 

There are 2 accessible toilets located within the stadium, located through the corner tunnels.

Accessible services & information

 

Match Commentary is available via an audio loop for up to 25 blind and partially sighted fans at the ground. Headsets can be requested in advance of the fixture or by requesting one from a steward once inside the stadium. These can only be accessed in the North and South stand lower tiers.

Stewards can provide assistance helping you in and out of the stadium, purchasing refreshments, safe evacuation and escorting to and from the toilets and kiosks. A PA ticket can be provided on request.


Updated: August 2017

Comments about Bolton Wanderers:

 

If you would like to make your own comment, click the 'MAKE A COMMENT' button below -

you do not have to join the site in order to make a comment.

 

Note: in an effort to ensure dialogue is fair and without malice, all comments are evaluated by Level Playing Field

before they are published on the site. This can cause a slight delay before comments appear.

 

Post new comment

Which match did you attend?
Note: your e-mail address or phone number will NOT appear publicly on this or any other page on this site. It is merely required by Level Playing Field should we need to contact you about the comment in the future.

Plain text

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <blockquote> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
You can upload a photo of your view in the stadium to help inform other users.
Files must be less than 100 MB.
Allowed file types: png gif jpg jpeg.
CAPTCHA
Please tick the box below, this helps prevent spam posts.